Coupe de Ville
Introduced in 1949, the Cadillac Coupe de Ville grew progressively larger over the years into a full-size luxury sedan and proved to be a popular choice for lowriders. The expansive body panels provide a perfect canvas for the detailed murals and elaborate pinstriping that usually adorn these rolling sculptures. Retaining its stock 472-cubic-inch V-8 engine, this Coupe de Ville features Air Ride suspension and a faux leopard interior that matches the top. Famous pinstriper Wizard of Tulsa, Oklahoma, hand-painted the extensive graphics in gold leaf. The car was built for Michael Armand Hammer, who later donated it to the museum.
Collection of the Petersen Automotive Museum
Gift of Michael Armand Hammer