1957 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz
Second in prestige only to the handmade Brougham sedan, the open-top Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz was one of the most expensive cars in the General Motors 1957 model line. Advancements over previous years included a brand-new “X-Frame” chassis, which allowed the car to ride three inches lower than its predecessor and contributed to ride quality. Before its donation to the Petersen, the Cadillac, affectionately named “Bella,” regularly participated in tours, including a rally around Italy.
Collection of the Petersen Automotive Museum, gift of Jon and Mary Shirley