Explorer by Ghia
Like a majority of other Chrysler Corporation dream cars of the period, the rakish Plymouth Explorer was built by Carrozzeria Ghia of Turin, Italy. Its hand-formed coachwork was distinguished by carefully sculpted contours and accentuated by horizontal spears on the sides that were painted white to contrast with the striking metallic green body color. Exhaust pipes projected from the taillight pods. Special interior features included leather upholstery, fitted luggage that stored behind the seats, and radio controls that were concealed by an opening panel on the dashboard. Built on a modified 1954 Plymouth chassis, the Explorer was powered by a stock 230-cubic inch, 103-horsepower six-cylinder engine.