Model A Station Wagon
Introduced in 1927, the Model A offered buyers more comfort and performance than anything else in its class and by the end of production in 1931, Ford had sold over 3.5 million. It was available in four colors and seven body styles, including a station wagon. Since station wagons of the day were still regarded by most manufacturers as utilitarian service vehicles, most manufacturers, including Ford, fitted the doors with inconvenient snap-in side curtains instead of roll-up windows. One of the most expensive models in the Ford lineup, the station wagon was hand-crafted from genuine wood at the company’s facility in Iron Mountain, Michigan. This award-winning vehicle was completely restored in 2003 and gifted to the Petersen Automotive Museum by second-time donors Ralph and Barbara Bowermaster in 2010.
Collection of the Petersen Automotive Museum
Gift of Ralph and Barbara Bowermaster