1915 Detroit Electric
Model 61 Brougham
The Detroit Electric was manufactured by the Anderson Electric Car Company from 1906 to approximately 1939, longer than any other electric car. Without a conventional internal combustion motor, gearbox or chain drive, the Detroit Electric was extremely quiet. Two hand levers controlled the car. The long lever was used to steer while the short lever regulated speed. Both could be folded out of the way when the car was not being driven to make entry and exit easier.