The Automotive Museum Group (AMG) is a group of partner museums that honor reciprocal benefits to their members. The AMG designation on your membership card card allows you complimentary admission for yourself plus one guest to any of the following institutions by displaying your current membership card. Some AMG museums also offer a discount in their shop – please check with the individual museums when you visit.
Thank you for your support!
Don’t see a museum that you like on this list? Encourage your favorite automobile museum to participate in the AMG!
Automotive museums or institutions are welcome to apply for enrollment into the Automotive Museums Group (AMG) Reciprocal Membership Program, free of charge.
By enrolling, you agree to grant members of partner institutions complimentary general admission for themselves plus one guest when they present a current membership card. Additionally, you agree to provide your members information on their AMG benefits, access to AMG newsletters by pointing them to this site or providing the newsletters to them by a different means, honoring store discounts if your museum chooses to offer store discounts to AMG members, provide your institution’s Visitor Services staff with updated AMG Guides (provided by the Petersen Membership Department, and updated on a quarterly basis), and promptly communicating with the Petersen Membership Department if there are any changes to your AMG participation.
The Petersen Membership Department maintains the AMG program, and aims to promise regular communication by adhering to the following timeline:
- One-month prior to end of quarter: Email contacts of participating museums for any events or updates they wish to highlight the quarterly newsletter for their organization. The deadline to provide events or updates is two weeks from the initial call for submissions.
- One-week prior to end of quarter: Collect any outstanding information from new AMG applicants and update Visitor Services AMG Guide
- First business day of each quarter: Email contacts of participating museums an updated Visitor Services AMG Guide (if there are any updates) and quarterly newsletter (also available for download on this site).
The Visitor Services AMG Guide will contain the follow to best assist your Visitor Services staff:
- A list of participating museums, including address, website, and hours of operation
- An image of participating AMG membership card(s)
- Indication whether the participating museum offers a store discount
- The museum’s membership levels that enjoy AMG benefits
- Contact information for Petersen Membership Department
- AMG landing page URL