*The Museum will be open New Year’s day.
*The Cars Mechanical Institute and Forza Motorsport Racing Experience close 30 minutes prior to the museum.
The Petersen strives to exceed ADA requirements whenever possible, and offers a variety of accessible features. If visitors require additional accessible resources, such as interpreters or touch-based tours, please call Visitor Services at (323) 930-2277 (CARS) during museum hours at least two weeks prior to visiting.
DOWNLOAD MUSEUM BROCHURE
DRAGO RISTORANTE – NOW OPEN
Sun – Fri – 11:30am – 10pm
Saturday – 11am – 11pm
The quintessential Sicilian family name widely credited for bringing authentic Italian cuisine to Los Angeles is proudly debuting their newest venture, Drago Ristorante in the Petersen Automotive Museum. A collaboration between brothers Celestino, Calogero, Tanino and Giacomino Drago, the entire famiglia is has come together to offer locals and visitors alike a taste of housemade pastas, wood-fired pizzas, an innovative assortment of entrees, artisanal breads and pastries from Drago’s Dolce Forno bakery in Culver City and locally grown produce from Drago Farms in Santa Ynez. Offering an approachable lunch menu for all-ages and an elevated dinner experience to those looking for refined Italian cuisine, Drago Ristorante boasts the best selection of signature favorite dishes as an homage to all of Drago Culinary Productions establishments that have delighted guests for the past four decades.
6060 Membership provides various levels of engagement that best suit your lifestyle and interest! Join us in the fast lane, and take part in a new experience that everyone is sure to enjoy!
All 6060 membership enjoy:
- Unlimited FREE standard admission to the museum
- 10% discount in the museum store
- FREE entry to museum Movie Nights (includes popcorn!)
- Members-only seminars
- Member Early Access: Monthly in-gallery viewings prior to the museum opening to the public
- Discounts on special ticketed events
- Access to live-streamed content
- Discount on annual driveLA event
- $2 off of parking during museum hours and museum events
- Forza Motorsport Pass eligibility: compete in monthly Forza Motorsport competitions for various prizes
Vault tours are open to the public and are available on a first come, first served basis ($20 per person, nonrefundable and nonexchangeable). We also offer VIP and Group Tours through the Petersen’s ticketing website or by calling Group Tours at 323-964-6320. Ticket inventory is viewable on the website one month in advance.
The Highlights Tour is a private docent-led tour for adult groups (not recommended for school or youth groups) designed to give visitors an overview of all three floors of the Petersen. Visitors will receive information about some of the most interesting automotive exhibits and vehicles on display. The tour is approximately 60 minutes long and is available for groups ranging in size from 10 to 60 people. The tour takes visitors through the Hollywood Gallery on the History Floor, Hot Rods and Customs on the Industry Floor, and the Mullin Grand Salon on the Artistry Floor, among many others. While the Highlights Tour will give visitors a great introduction to what the Petersen has to offer, we encourage you to come back through the museum to explore on your own after the tour concludes.
The museum is located at the corner of Fairfax and Wilshire boulevards in Los Angeles, one mile north of the 10 freeway’s Fairfax exit.
Petersen Automotive Museum
6060 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90036
Convenient parking is available in the Petersen Museum lot. Parking is free for the first 30 minutes and $12 flat rate thereafter. Parking for visitors with disabilities is provided on level P1 – as well as passenger drop-off. The Petersen has 3 EV charging ports for electric vehicles located on the south side of P1.
Please note there are no elevators in the parking garage. Passengers may be dropped off at the entrance on the first floor. Accessible parking spots (19) are only located on the first floor of the Petersen parking garage (P1), close to the main entrance, which is also accessible. There are no accessible parking spaces on the second, third, or fourth.
Bicycles park free.
Metro provides bus and rail transportation to the Petersen until 2AM on Fridays and Saturdays. For your best route, you can enter your address HERE or call (323) GO-METRO or (323) 466-3876.
DOWNLOAD OUR MUSEUM GUIDE
PETERSEN MUSEUM GROUP TOUR POLICY
If you are interested in a group visit, please review the following information. For any additional questions, contact the group reservation coordinator at [email protected] or 323-964-6320.
Please note: these policies apply to Guided Group Tours. They do not apply to School Tours.
DOWNLOAD GROUP & VIP TOURS BROCHURE
WHAT ARE THE OPTIONS FOR GROUP TOUR VISITS AT THE PETERSEN?
GROUP ADMISSION RATES
Groups are encouraged to visit the Petersen, and groups of ten or more people get $2 off any admission level, either when purchasing tickets in advance or on site. As you explore the museum, you will encounter our friendly and knowledgeable volunteer Gallery Interpreters throughout all floors of the museum who are eager to talk with you. They can answer questions, show you around the galleries, help you access our touchscreens and technology, and share vast amounts of fascinating content about our new galleries and unique collection. They are excited to interact with visitors of all ages and backgrounds and they want to hear your car stories and answer your burning questions.
The Highlights Tour is a private docent-led tour designed for adult groups (not recommended for school or youth groups) to give visitors an overview of all three floors of the Petersen. Visitors will receive information about some of the most interesting automotive exhibits and vehicles on display. The tour is approximately 60 minutes long and is available for groups ranging in size from 10 to 60 people. The tour takes visitors through the Hollywood Gallery on the History Floor, Hot Rods and Customs on the Industry Floor, and the Mullin Grand Salon on the Artistry Floor, among many others. While the Highlights Tour will give visitors a great introduction to what the Petersen has to offer, we encourage you to come back through the museum to explore on your own after the tour concludes.
The Petersen can only display so many vehicles at once, and our exhibits are always changing to bring something new and exciting to our visitors. When cars aren’t up in the galleries, they reside in the Vault. Each car has a fascinating story behind it, and on the daily 90-minute Vault tours, our docents will share a few of these stories with you.
Vault tours are open to the public and are available on a first come, first served basis through the Petersen’s ticketing website ($20 per person, nonrefundable and nonexchangeable). We also offer VIP and Group Tours through the Petersen’s ticketing website or by calling Group Tours at 323-964-6320. Ticket inventory is viewable on the website one month in advance.
When only a premium experience will do, choose a private tour designed exclusively for you. Based on your schedule, your interests and your guests, we offer a custom approach with a la carte options such as transportation to and from the Petersen in a museum car, themed tours, FORZA racing competition, dining options, gift bags and more. The ultimate tour takes place before or after museum hours. Corporate clients, individuals and groups commemorating special occasions enjoy having their own private tour guide, the intimate experience of touring the museum without the crowds and the exclusivity of touring without the public. For your custom built VIP tour please email [email protected] or call 323/964-6320.
HOW CAN I BRING STUDENTS FOR A FIELD TRIP?
School field trips are not available right now. We will be relaunching our field trip program for school and youth groups in the fall of 2016. With 25 new galleries covering three floors, we are completely re-imagining our school tour program to create an unforgettable interactive experience for students. To receive email updates about our educational opportunities for students and teachers, email [email protected].
HOW MUCH DOES A GROUP TOUR COST?
Groups of ten or more people get $2 off any museum admission level (adults $13; seniors $10; car club members $10; students 13+ with ID $10; children ages 3-12 $5; children under 3 free; military free; members free).
The Highlights Tour, designed primarily for adult audiences, is the cost of group museum admission PLUS $10 per adult; $5 per member; $10 per student 13+ with ID; $5 per child ages 3-12; free for children under 3.
The Vault Tour is the cost of group admission PLUS $20 per person (no refunds, no exchanges).
WHEN CAN MY GROUP TAKE A GUIDED TOUR?
Groups can visit the museum anytime during regular operating hours which are Sunday through Saturday from 10am to 6pm. Purchasing tickets in advance is not required, but encouraged, to expedite your entry to the museum.
The Highlights Tour is available with an advanced reservation on Monday through Friday at 11am, 1pm, or 3pm. We are not currently offering the Highlights Tour on weekends due to high visitation and crowded galleries.
Starting on Sunday, May 1 the daily vault tour times are 10:30am, 12:30 pm, and 2:30pm, with a 4:30 pm tour on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Call Visitor Services at (323) 930-CARS with any questions.
HOW DO I MAKE A RESERVATION FOR MY GROUP?
To book the Highlights Tour, please fill out the Group Tour Request Form. Requests must be received at least three weeks prior to the date you would like to visit. Our group reservation coordinator will follow up with you to finalize a date and time and will contact you again five days before your tour for final payment and confirmation.
HOW DO I PAY?
A contract will be generated to hold the tour date. Payment in full based on your final head count is due five business days in advance of your tour. If you do not confirm your tour on time, it may be cancelled. The Petersen accepts all major credit cards, cash, and checks. Sorry, no purchase orders. After payment is made, we do not provide refunds, even if your head count drops. If additional attendees above what you paid for come on the day of the tour, those admissions and group tour tickets must be paid for at the Admission Desk before the tour can commence.
WHERE DO I PARK?
There is no bus parking at the Petersen. Buses may drop visitors off on Orange Grove Avenue immediately east of Fairfax Avenue. Buses are not permitted to park on Orange Grove and should proceed one block south to 8th Street or east to Curson Street to find parking. For other types of cars, parking is free for the first 30 minutes and $12 for all-day parking per vehicle. Pay for parking before returning to your vehicle. A parking pay station is located in the garage, just outside the museum lobby.
Please note there are no elevators in the garage. Passengers may be dropped off at the entrance on the first floor. Accessible parking spots (19) are only located on the first floor of the Petersen parking garage (P1), close to the main entrance, which is also accessible. There are no accessible parking spaces on the second, third, or fourth.
I’M PART OF A CAR CLUB – ARE THERE ANY SPECIAL ARRIVAL INSTRUCTIONS?
All standard parking rules apply. Park on the 3rd Level of the parking garage unless otherwise indicated.
Please allow enough time for all club members to arrive, park, and meet before your group checks in. Please keep in mind that the museum is adjacent to a residential area. As a courtesy to our neighbors, there is to be no revving of engines or speeding through the parking structure. Do not leave trash in the parking area after use.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I ARRIVE IN THE LOBBY?
Please arrive at the museum 15 minutes before your tour begins. The group leader must check in at the Admission Desk to get wristbands for the group and to provide a final headcount and pay for any additional attendees. Backpacks and large purses must be stored at the Security Office.
Museum docents will greet and orient your group in the lobby. If your group is large, it may be broken up into smaller subgroups.
WHAT HAPPENS IF MY GROUP CANCELS?
All changes or cancellations must be made five business days before your tour date and before final payment is made. If you cancel after you have paid in full, we do not provide refunds, but your payment can be applied to another tour date.
The Petersen reserves the right to cancel or reschedule your group at any time.
CAN MY GROUP EAT AND SHOP AT THE PETERSEN?
Tour Groups receive 10% off at the Museum Store on the day of the scheduled visit.
At present, we do not have a permanent restaurant at the museum. Drago Ristorante will open Spring 2016. We can provide you with a list of nearby restaurants upon request.
MUSEUM VISITOR AND ACCESSIBILITY POLICIES
The Petersen recognizes the diversity of our visitors’ abilities, needs and learning preferences, and we strive to ensure the accessibility of the museum and its collections. For questions about accessibility or to arrange an accommodation, please contact [email protected] or 323-964-3686.
Guests may be dropped off at the entrance on the first floor. Accessible parking spots (19) are only located on the first floor of the Petersen parking garage (P1), close to the main entrance, which is also accessible. There are no accessible parking spaces on the second, third, or fourth. The second, third, and fourth floors of the parking garage are not serviced by elevators.
Service dogs, such as a guide dog for blind or partially sighted visitors, are welcome.
PERSONAL CARE ATTENDANTS
Personal care attendants are admitted to the museum free of charge.
A limited number of manual wheelchairs are available for check-out at front desk, free of charge, with identification. While the Petersen does not provide assistance with wheelchairs, personal care attendants are admitted into the museum free of charge.
ACCESSIBLE ELEVATORS AND BATHROOMS
Accessible elevators and accessible bathrooms are available on all floor levels.
Our admissions desk has been built at the correct height to serve visitors or staff who use wheelchairs.
The Petersen Automotive Museum has been renovated inside in collaboration with an ADA consultant to comply with current ADA accessibility standards for interior design. All cars and structures are positioned within ADA compliant pathways and turning radiuses to facilitate wheelchair access.
ENHANCED SERVICE TECHNOLOGY
Some content from wall text is also displayed on a low screen console, to facilitate easier viewing.
ASL interpretation, for tours, lectures and other events is available by request, two weeks in advance.
Touch tours for blind or partially sighted visitors can be arranged by request, two weeks in advance.
To ensure the safety of other visitors and our collection, the Petersen enforces the following policies:
- Visitors are asked to refrain from touching vehicles, exhibited objects and display platforms.
- Visitors are asked to maintain a two-foot distance from all vehicles at all times.
- The museum encourages physical interaction with touchscreen tables and monitors, as well as exhibits marked with a special hand symbol.
- Handheld photography is permitted unless otherwise indicated by signage. Restrictions may apply to special exhibitions. Tripods, monopods, and selfie sticks are not permitted at any time.
- Large or over-sized backpacks, camera bags, purses, diaper bags, umbrellas, and other similar items must be stored at the Security Office on the first floor. Small bags for carrying necessary items are available for use. The museum may refuse to accept other items at its discretion and is not responsible for items held.
- Complimentary wheelchairs are available to check out on a first-come, first-served basis at the Admissions Desk. Checkout requires a photo ID and wheelchairs must be returned before exiting the building.
- Strollers are welcome in the museum.
- Food and beverage are not permitted in the museum galleries, with the exception of water bottles that can be sealed with a lid.
- Families can eat snacks in the classroom on the first floor (behind the Security Office) or in the Cars Mechanical Institute, unless otherwise indicated. An on-site restaurant is scheduled to open in mid- to late- 2016.
- Weapons are not permitted on the premises.
CARS MECHANICAL INSTITUTE (2NDFloor)
- The Cars Mechanical Institute closes daily at 5:30pm.
- During peak periods, such as weekends and holidays, the Cars Mechanical Institute will be accessible by timed ticket entry only. Families wishing to experience the gallery or check out the CARSpad must reserve a time slot at the front desk.
- The Cars Mechanical Institute Family Experience timed tickets will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
FORZA MOTORSPORTS RACING EXPERIENCE (2ND Floor)
- The Forza Motorsports Racing Experience closes daily at 5:30pm.
- All simulators and standing kiosks are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Visitors using the seated simulators are limited to one race lap per visit.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Visitor must be 4’10” tall to use the seated racing simulators. A height measurement is available in the gallery.
- There is no height requirement to access the standing kiosks.
- Children may not be placed on laps while using the seated racing simulators.
VAULT TOUR POLICIES
- The daily vault tour times are 10:30am, 12:30 pm, and 2:30pm, with a 4:30 pm tour on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Call Visitor Services at (323) 930-CARS with any questions.
- Visitors wishing to take a vault tour will need to purchase a General Admission ticket and a timed vault tour ticket.
- Advanced ticket purchase is highly recommended as vault tours can sell out.
- Children under 10 are not permitted on Vault Tours.
- Photography is not permitted in the vault.
- Touching vehicles is not permitted.
- The group must stay together the entire tour, and visitors must remain with their docent at all times.
- Cell phone use is not permitted during the tour.
- Groups may be asked to leave the tour if they fail to comply with any of the above.
For all media requests please fill out the form below and you’ll be contacted within 24 hours.